Real Hydrafacial Results
Scar Removal Treatment in Waukesha
At Skiin, we know how embarrassing and unsightly unwanted scars can be. We offer treatments to smooth out and reduce the visibility of your scars no matter where they are so you can show your skin with confidence. Come see us for:
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure used to diminish scars anywhere on your body. We use a derma-roller with tiny needles to promote collagen production and heal your skin.
CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
Our laser skin resurfacing procedure uses short pulsed light energy to remove old layers of skin and allow healthier skin to take over. Laser skin resurfacing can lighten your scars and soften the texture of your skin to diminish roughness and discoloration.
Chemical peels can smooth out minor scars and reduce their appearance by exposing fresh new skin cells and plump, healthy skin.
Say Goodbye to Your Scars with Professional Scar Removal at Skiin. Call today!
an Anti-Wrinkle Botox Competitor
The FDA has approved Daxxify by Revance, a new injectable medicine for smoothing facial wrinkles in adults. Daxxify is in the same class of medicines as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeuveau, but may be more effective in reducing wrinkles for longer periods of time. In clinical trials, 80% of participants had little or no visible facial wrinkles after four months of using Daxxify, and half still had little evidence of wrinkles after six months. Dermatologists believe Daxxify will change the market for neuromodulators.
What Causes Scars?
Scars can occur any time the skin is damaged by cuts, exposure to extreme heat or other injuries. Scars form when collagen regenerates to heal damaged tissue and protect your body from further vulnerability. The process of scarring results in temporarily or permanently raised, textured and/or discolored skin.
You may be experiencing scars from:
- Wounds: Accidental cuts, burns and surgical incisions
- Acne: Severe acne lesions can cause scarring, especially when picked at or squeezed
- Infections: Infections like chickenpox can result in scarring
- Diseases: Skin conditions like psoriasis or dermatitis can lead to scarring
- Poor Wound Healing: Autoimmune conditions, diabetes, genetic predispositions to hypertrophic or keloid scars, clotting issues and other conditions can reduce your body’s ability to heal itself effectively, resulting in excessive scarring
Symptoms of Scarred Skin:
You may be developing scars or experiencing scarred skin if you have:
- Discoloration: Scars tend to appear darker or lighter than your surrounding skin
- Altered skin texture: Scars often have a different texture than the rest of your skin
- Itching or Irritation: Some scars may cause itching or discomfort, especially while they’re forming
- Contractures: In certain cases, scars will tighten and restrict movement, particularly when they form over joints or burn sites
Tips for Caring for Your Scars at Home:
There are several steps you can take at home to reduce or even eliminate the appearance of your scars. Treating scars early, whether at home or professionally, gives you the best chance of significantly reducing the appearance of your scars.
Maintaining adequate moisture is the key to scar prevention. Try placing silicone gels or sheets on your healing scars to soften your skin and flatten your scars during the healing process. Applying over-the-counter corticosteroid creams, baking soda pastes, cocoa butter, vitamin E and medical grade manuka honey can be effective ways to fade minor scarring.
If you're struggling with the appearance of your scars, our certified skincare team can help. Call or book online to rediscover your smooth, healthy skin.
Why choose Skiin?
- Follows all CDC guidelines being committed to your safety
- Most experienced skin health experts in the industry
- Committed to continuous education with some of the worlds finest doctors
- Recipient of Medical Aesthetics magazine as the best loyalty program
- Board-certified plastic surgeon on-premise