Does CoolSculpting Really Work?
Do you have stubborn fat that a strict diet and exercise just won’t touch? If you have pockets of fat in areas of your body that you just can’t get rid of, CoolSculpting might be your answer.
But does CoolSculpting really work? Read on to learn more about CoolSculpting, and how it can get you beach ready in no time.
What Is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting basically freezes your fat cells away. It uses a technique called cryolipolysis to freeze pesky fat cells, and those cells are then eliminated from your body by your lymphatic system. The procedure is safe, has been approved by the FDA, and has been used in the US for a number of years.
Here is what makes CoolSculpting popular:
- Once you have CoolSculpting, your fat cells are gone forever.
- Even if you gain weight, the impacts of CoolSculpting are still be there.
- The CoolSculpting process is very precise, so it can be used for targeted areas, such as your neck, arms, inner thighs, and bra line. Some people have even used it for excess fat under the chin.
- You can also use it to reduce the appearance of cellulite on areas of the body where it usually appears, including the legs, buttocks, and arms.
The one caveat is that you have to have enough fat in the location to be able to pinch. This is necessary so that the applicator can work effectively.
How Does CoolSculpting Work?
The CoolSculpting procedure occurs in a doctor’s office. It usually takes about 35 minutes to an hour and has no downtime. In fact, you can go right back to your daily activities after the procedure.
Here’s how it works: The process uses an applicator to apply suction to the area that you want to target. The applicator then applies cooling plates to bring the temperature of the fat cells down to a level where they are irreversibly damaged. After that, your body naturally eliminates the cells from your body.
Does CoolSculpting Really Work?
CoolSculpting is very effective for patients who are otherwise at a healthy weight but have stubborn fat pockets they just can’t eliminate.
When you lose weight, your fat cells shrink, but they don’t disappear. With CoolSculpting, your fat cells are killed and flushed from your system.
Most patients see results in about 4 to 6 weeks, with the most optimal results coming 12 to 14 weeks after the procedure. In addition, most people have multiple treatments. (It is safe to have the procedure more than once.)
Are There Any Risks?
The potential risks associated with CoolSculpting are minimal. Some things to remember, however, are:
- You might feel some tugging as your fat is placed between the cooling panels.
- You also might have some sensations of pain, stinging, or aching at the treatment site. These pains tend to go away on their own and don’t require any additional treatment.
- There also might be some short-term swelling, bruising, redness, and skin sensitivity at the treatment site, but these side effects do not last long.
Is CoolSculpting Right for You?
Are you a slave to the scale and the gym? Do you work hard and eat right but still have pesky fat that you can’t get rid of? If so, asking yourself if CoolSculpting actually works makes sense—why shouldn’t you have the body you’ve worked so hard to achieve?
If you want to find out more and see if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting, contact us today!